Thursday, August 23, 2012

Today's Mantra....

"The easier you get it the less you appreciate it." Borrowed from an old high school then college classmate's  facebook post...


The last few nights have been sleepless - which have rendered me groggy the past 3 nights. Which has left
me unable to get up for my morning runs and uninspired throughout the days...

Am I going to let this keep me down and from pursuing my dream 1000%? Absolutely not!! "If it were easy, everyone would be doing it" my year mantra!  I knew when I came up with the idea of my line of dresses and jumpers las year that I would have to fight for it...not let the naysayers get into my head, shirk off the negative vibe of the pessimistic, and get over some of my own shortcomings. And I have come a long way from that!

Things in my favor - absolute tenacity and belief in myself! No one can take that and I will not allow it to be stifled.

The reason I love fashion is because of the transforming effect of clothing. It's like a suit of armor. For me it has the tranforming effect of instilling confidence, perseverence, and authority. I said this to an old friend, my former gym instructor, and he said really - when I met you I assumed you were a confident, self-assured, person. Little did he know, I doubted myself a lot and tried to make everyone else happy!

But I have found my voice, in my clothing line, and I am convinced that it is the correct voice. Undeterred, I forge ahead into the unknown next 2 weeks until my fashion show, certain that I will emerge on the other side, victorious!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that it's going to be amazing! Everyone has off days. You need days off from running. I'll be walking in Central Park Sunday, so let me know if you'd like to meet up!

    ReplyDelete