Saturday, June 2, 2012

Single Fashion Girl Not In NYC

I'm always afraid to leave nyc, like my "superpowers" will disappear.  Now, before you roll your eyes and think "boy that's arrogant" let me define "superpowers" (after all, there's a reason I put it in quotes). Superpowers - the ability to sleep for 4 hours and function at full capacity on a venti latte; multi tasking between my own company (pattern, sample, marketing, business plan), working a 9-6 (analyzing sales and stock, profitability, negotiating, and dealing with work politics), family, friends, personal health. All of us city folk do it!

Being on Long Island with my family, it is a much more mellow pace of life. I have the pleasure of sleeping in absolute silence - without background noise from outside traffic or drunk passersby, rommate noise, etc. Having had such a great sleep last night, I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a Mack truck, why do I never feel quite so worn out in Manhattan? I send an im to a friend back in the city and he tells me, the frenetic pace of everything in NYC makes us think we have more energy and we never realize it until we get out of town. Yet, as soon as I leave all I can think about is getting back! What I really need is a good 2 minutes in shoulder stand to mellow me out...



So here's to being refreshed so that when I return I tackle and make all my June month goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment