Thursday, June 14, 2012

Not the best outfit, but they can't all be winners....

Since I stayed in on Saturday night, Sunday night I did go out. The designer I collaborated with on some of my designs, is also a friend and an artist. She was hosting a 2nd show. I missed the first, and I just couldn't miss this one - as I wanted to see what else inspires her! Also, I needed a sounding board for some of the ideas swirling around in my head. THis was as much social as it was business, I'm learning to not go out just to go out but always with the purpose of networking!

Of course, as I get into Ditmas Brooklyn it starts to rain and they had taken down the art. (I am late to everything: last child of 6, I'm sure if I ask my mom I was late out of the womb, I'll do everything late in life and I like it). So we stay out late for a Sunday, I get in around 12:30am. Drinks, talking, eating - it was just what I needed as I headed out to shop for fabric this week!

So, I usually buy tops in multiple colors because its just so hard to find the right one! Sunday I put together this really cute navy pant and navy with grey tunic. Today I wore the orange combo I bought in it and realized, it makes me look bigger than I am! Since this blog is about fashion do's and don'ts...below is my don't and how it looked on the model!



///

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes the right woman can makes the most "mediocre outfit look stunning, and you made this work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, you're such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete