Monday, June 18, 2012

Networking, Networking.....

Thursday started off with my being torn whether to go to the full figured fashion week show at Bloom or go fabric shopping again. I invited a "full figured" former co-worler (who couldn't make it) and decided I definitely need to see what is out there and being offered for that customer versus what I'm producing. My current company has a selling manager and she happened to be on the floor and was just finishing her shift, so we watched the show together. And unfortunately what was being modeled was basic and uninspiring!

I was more inspired by the women in the audience who were in vibrant colors, wearing fitting dresses, putting their fashion best forward! It absolutely validated my direction! After the show, we decide to grab a bite, our first time ever being social outside of work functions, so there was a lot of ground to cover.

During dinner, the friend who couldn't make it texts me that there's an event she's at and if I'm still out I should drop by. I do and it turns out its a preview party for a new event space in the fashion district. Wednesday night I was networking with someone about event space for my show, but this place would be absolutely perfect for it, talk about being at the right place at the right time. I spoke with the venue owner, got pricing, started to plant seeds with him, because I am going to have it there.

There was a professional photographer taking pictures outside on the rooftop with a slight summer breeze, I felt so inspired to do a yoga pose. Below is the image, I felt so ethereal doing it - it's called a bound, side angle...



1 comment:

  1. Its nice to see that you're able to let down your hair every now again with all the stress you're facing. Go get'em Superwoman!

    ReplyDelete