Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rainy NYC Day Shoes...

Ever notice when it rains in the morning all the girls are lined up on the subway platforms with their rain boots, raincoats and hats on. Then when it stops raining during the day and the sky actually clears up, they're bags are stuffed but they're wearing sky high heels. Know why? It's because we decided to take out our most street friendly shoes (from the stash of office only shoes we keep at our desks) to look fashionable, instead of wearing the clunky rainboots.


I fell victim to this yesterday, but I had a pair of non sky high heels at my desk, and wore them from work, out. Only thing is they are very narrow and pinched every inch of my feet (I'm considering donating them so I'm not tempted to wear them again). I had various errands to do so I was walking around for an hour and a half in these things. Needless to say when I put on a narrow pair of wedges this am my feet were not happy. I leave the apartment and get to the 2nd landing of steps and ask myself, "how about wearing those roomy gold wedges that I love, because if I'm suffering now, its going to be a very long day"..up I went, and on went the gold wedges....

4 comments:

  1. Interesting....

    You know... You should consider writing a column in a magazine. You have some interesting blogs...

    For a feminine point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I need to find my voice..and I think I just have! And a following, so spread the word!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha - I just posted about rainy day gear yesterday, specifically bc I avoid wearing rainboots as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete