Friday, April 13, 2012

Days Gone By...

Yesterday was a bust...well 1 of the patternmakers I visited speciallizes in embroidery. From there I went into this old building, which had an old building smell where they're trying to mask it with some glad plug in or something...I rang the doorbell and a woman answers, and opens the door a very tiny crack and says yes. I tell her I'm looking for the company name and that I want to get patterns and samples made. It takes a few interchanges for her to comprehend that I'm there offering potential new business. She closes the door, checks with someone and then lets me in..there are bockes with csraps everywhere, piled around. I can't see anyone but I hear sowing machines and the faint hint of conversation...it sounded like a full on mini factory.

She tells me to come in and seats me in this room, looked like a makeshift conference room and someone was having lunch because there's a jar of almost finished kimchi, soda and a paper plate...
Yeah, I didn't get the vibe that this is where my brilliant designs are going to come to life. But I politely waited for my host. He had this semi arrogant air and sat down in his chair, I just wanted out of there and kept the conversation very brief, saying I didn't get the feeling that they make patterns there - he said he knows of someone who does, so I handed him my card and told him to have her get in touch with me. You know it's bad when you start getting the vibe that you may not make it out alive for fear that you're snooping where you shouldn't be..s

Needless to say, from now on I think I'll call ahead and schedule appointments. Even though I have been releshing getting out of the office and getting some air and clearing my head - I'll have to find another purpose for that, maybe visiting fabric vendors...After my pattern visits yesterday, I went to GNC and got their shot of NRG smoothie (I always pronounced each letter when I would get it, but recently discovered its short for energy, brilliant!) Because I knew I had Zumba at 6pm and my kick butt instructor would be back, little did I know.

I leave work and head to Zumba, I tell myself if she's not there - I'm leaving class (I always say this, but don't want to be rude so I always end up staying). I walkt to the room, looking for her or hearing her booming voice. She's nowhere to be found, instead there's a new lady instructor. Ugh! She's in good shape, her hair is wildly out, not pulled back in a ponytail (that should've been my first hint, bc we tend to get very very sweaty in Zumba). Usually I'm in the very front, smiling and sweating and giving my all to each routine...I tentatively go to the 3rd row and follow her warm up, ok. Now she'll crank up the volume. Oh no, she proceeds with this half stripper routine, with lots of shaking the head and whatever else..she leads me by the hand to the front of the class, I'm pretty good - been doing Zumba for a year and a half, always danced, but the other instructors never do that, they'll just signal someone's really good. So I'm completely mortified she pulls me up there - so I finish the routine with her at the front and she hi -5's me and I ruch back to 3rd row...

Thhe rest of her routine, good songs but they're for someone who has never danced or worked out before. I did sweat but mainly because the AC wasn't cranking and there were 25 girls in a room moving about...Since I just wasted the previous hour, I needed to burn some calories and spent 20 minutes on the elliptical, followed by the leg machines and dragged my tired butt home....

Oh, and "the advisor" called me, I saw his number and sent it to voicemail. I sent him an email saying I have last minute projects to finish up, so what's up! We'll see if he responds to that one.

I also saw my ex earlier today and it was hard - I gave him his keys back and we sat and talked at Starbucks for almost an hour. And I remember a movie or a book, saying that love is devastating and it really is. What we put ourselves through with the hope that it will end up in a fairytale. And it never really does, not for anyone - how do you make sense of that, why keep doing it? I just have no words - I'll bring it up in therapy Wednesday...

Busy weekend up ahead, a seminar on starting my business tomorrow almost all day!! I'll post about what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment