Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Here I AM...

Rang in 2012 with Susan (my nye companion ly in south beach), my roommate and a couple of her friends! It was peaceful, festive and much needed after the craziness of 2011. Spent the end of the evening in a car with the first man I ever dated and loved. It's about 10 years later and we're able to talk and see one another and be amicable - now that's impressive, I never thought that would be me. I'm always so passionate and need to be in either 1 extreme or another.

I didn't get to bed until 6am and woke up around 12. I had planned on running the Central Park loop this morning, but I just don't have it in me. So instead I'm heading to 1.5 hours of semi heated, power yoga - I need it as my mind is running crazy at present. I need to put out all the negatives of the previous year and truly start with a new mindset...wish me luck in sweating it all out!

I went home to Long Island Friday and spent the day with my parents, met up with my sister for a bit - and a niece and nephew...I miss my family. It wasn't anything like I imagined it would be - my parents guilting me about moving back home or my religious inactivity. My dad was genuinely happy to see me and we talked and caught up on everything that's been going on - they both have health issues they're addressing. But they did the best they could, continue to be hopeful and I don't resent them, I do love them! One of my main life goals which I've renewed is to maintain a close relationship with my parents. It's unacceptable to go 6 months without seeing them, especially since I'm just a train ride away. I have to stop letting myself get so caught up in my own self that I neglect them...because they will not be here forever!

I was born in the year of the horse, and my characteristic is that I am deathly afraid of starting for fear that I won't finish it! Life goal - I have to pour every ounce of myself into my label that I want to build and that includes an image tweak (more on that later in the year), body image and most importantly overhaul my mind...setting up smaller tasks which will help me reach the ultimate goal....there's just no turning back!

No comments:

Post a Comment