Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Settling....

See - I've come to find that apartment hunting is like manhunting - all the best one's may be "taken" but it's up to those of us looking to work with what is in the pool/ocean and navigate with what are must-have's versus would like to have!

I moved last Tuesday and am settling into my new apartment, with 2 female roommates who I like a lot - I think I'm really happy with this! I'm between Park and Broadway, a 4th floor walkup and I like it. I'm only 20 blocks from work, so I've walked to work 4 of the last 6 days, love it. Getting to this point was not easy.

1st roommate a yoga instructor, swedish. In Eat, Pray Love when the main character meets her female sidekick in Italy and tries to guess where she is - German, Dutch - she says, no Swedish, even colder people. And that's how my roommate was, not that I was looking for a bff. But it felt like she was observing me and I didn't like that - plus it was a 5th floor walkup.

Soon after I moved to Park Ave. - forever moving on up! Park was good, it was a young crowd - all mid 20's, my roommates were new to NYC and a bit messy, always had people over, once until 2am on a Tuesday night and right outside my room. And whenever I gave my address to people they were like oooh ahh, Park Ave - I have to admit I did like that...sorry, I am vain at times! But that lease ended and it was on to Broadway, an older woman with 2 cats - maybe that should have been the giveaway - but enough said! When I come home from work I'm in Zombieland, last thing I want to do is converse - I just need to forget about the day's events and detach from society for a bit with mind numbing television.

I could go into so much more detail in all of these but I respect everyone enough not to air dirty laundry because I sure as hell am not perfect so why harp on others' imperfection?

Originally, I was looking at studios on the UWS and when it came time to pull the trigger I just knew that I felt drawn to it because Al was there and I wasn't sufficiently over him to move so close to him, way too much temptation. It was such a smart choice. I'm getting into the routine of being in my new space...and loving it!


No comments:

Post a Comment