Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hmmmmmmmmm........

Woke up this am and didn't feel like popping in Insanity. Instead, I walked the 40 blocks up to Central Park - the most famous park in the world! Where millions of people travel from all over to walk through, I love the park. I start right at the entrance, across from the Plaza and jog the loop - not the full loop, but about 2/3rds of it, my goal is to at least do the hill - what a mental game that is. I'm nowhere near peak shape, so I just do the best that I can. I always feel like a visitor when I'm in the park so I love to look around at all the other runners, walkers - some in great shape, some brand new to exercising and everyone trying to do their best. The park is so full of life and hope - its just the best feeling in the world being on the running path. I forget about the outside world and focus on the path ahead of me, that's my only goal/focus for the time I'm in there.

Afterwards, I walk back the 40 blocks.Pick up a protein, banana shake. The shower is being worked on so I meet up with a friend and take a shower there. We talk and talk, a gal pal treated him to the NBA final game where Dallas schooled Miami and won the championship. I wish I had friends like that, just kidding! We talk about the girl who treated him to the game, she and I share a very similar story. How bizarre 2 complete strangers can share so much common ground. That's what I love most in learning about people, I and I'm sure we all tend to feel so alone and isolated in what we feel - the reality is when you start to reach out, you end up finding similarities in everyone's story. I think it's the most beautiful thing in the world.

Best way to follow that up - with a great lunch, then a much needed manicure and pedicure (haven't had 1 in a year plus). And got a 10 minute back massage which was much needed and well worth the additional $10. I feel like I need to be better and  more regular in my grooming. Make some time to take care of me! Now, just resting up before my hairdstylist and I go out for a night on the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment